How to Keep Your Blood Sugar Levels Under Control
Blood sugar is quite a common problem these days. Not only old ones but even adults and children are suffering from this. Disturbed blood sugar levels lead to diabetes which lasts forever in human body. Diabetes is a result of intake of improper diet and unhealthy lifestyle.
Blood sugar is one of the most widely researched topics in the world because with the passage of time, it has been affecting more and more people of all ages. Experts have been looking for finding a cure to excess and lower blood sugar levels. Before talking about the remedies, let us first discuss the causes of unstable sugar levels.
Causes of Excess or Low Blood Sugar
- Heavy medication to control diabetes also lowers the sugar level in blood.
- Low insulin levels in diabetics hamper the functioning of various body processes.
- Injecting insulin before meals and not eating enough food lowers the sugar level.
Carbohydrate and sugary foods raise up the sugar levels
- Low levels of insulin build up the blood sugar.
Symptoms Of High Or Low Blood Sugar Levels
Hyperglycemia is a condition that is found commonly among diabetics. The symptoms of high blood sugar levels in a diabetic person are seen as follows:
- Frequent Urination
- Blurring of vision
- Extreme thirst or hunger
People with low blood sugar show the following symptoms:
- Shaking of the body
- Fast heartbeat
- Sweating it out
- Extreme hunger
- Weakness and tiredness.
Home Remedies To Control Blood Sugar Levels
Following are the home remedies to keep your sugar levels in-tact.
1. Consuming Dairy Products
Diabetics need to incorporate dairy products in their diet. The protein and fat that is present in the dairy products helps to improve the blood sugar levels.
2. Choosing The Right Kind Of Bread
White breads should be avoided as they contain sugar.
- Whole grain breads consist of adequate amount of fiber and protein along with complex carbohydrates which helps to keep the blood sugar levels in control.
3. More Magnesium In One’s Diet
Magnesium helps prevent the development of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase intake of magnesium as it lowers the risk of diabetes.
- Fish, nuts, avocadoes and leafy vegetables are good sources of magnesium.
4. Use Cardamom
It is known that spices like cardamom helps to regulate the type 2 diabetes.
- Sprinkle it on tea, coffee or yoghurt.
- It drops the sugar levels by 18 to 30%.
5. Buckwheat and Its Properties
Buckwheat is also known to be a great source of fiber and improve blood sugar levels.
- Soba noodles can be tried at dinner. This form of Japanese pasta is made from a grain called buckwheat.
6. Drink Moderately
Drink moderately to control blood sugar.
- You could include a glass of wine occasionally in your dinner.
- It is found that wine helps to reduce the risk of diabetes.
7. Avoid saturated Fat
- Avoid Fried food and junk food.
- Food cooked in unhealthy oil triggers diabetes.
8. Exercises Regularly
Regular exercise is a must. It could be even a simple daily walk.
- A 2km daily walk will help you keep it.
9. Laugh A Lot
- Laughing is the best exercise. Laughing after eating lowers blood sugar levels.
10. Have A Grapefruit
Grapefruit is found to be effective for people who need to control their blood sugar levels.
- It helps to lose weight due to increased metabolism.
- The level of insulin as well as glucose is lower when the fruit is consumed.
11. Do Resistance Training
Resistance training once or twice a week help to control the blood sugar levels.
- Extra fats on the boy would be burnt.
- Resistance training at least once or twice a week will surely help to control the blood sugar levels
12. Consume Decaf
Decaffeinated coffee slows down the sugar absorption rate in intestines.
13. Consume Smaller Meals
- Cut down a larger meal to smaller ones.
- It is best to eat half of a meal at a time and then have the rest later.
14. Sleep Enough
Adequate rest and good sleep is needed to control sugar levels.
- Less sleep affects the sugar and insulin levels.
15. Learn To Relax
- Listen to soothing music and lying back. Relax yourself mentally too.
16. Opt For Legumes And Nuts
- Consume legumes and nuts in your diet.
Follow the above stated tips to control sugar levels and keep them in-tact.
Incoming search terms: