10 Best Aloe Vera Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Aloe Vera is one of the oldest plants with medicinal and beautifying value. It is commonly used n several cosmetic products. It has been used by the Egyptians during ancient times.
Best Aloe Vera leaves and the gel in the leaves works magically on the skin. It contains beneficial compounds like polysaccharides, lectins and mannans etc. It has high water content, minerals, vitamins and many active compounds.
Aloe Vera – Benefits:
- Aloe Vera gel hydrates the skin and makes it look fresh and hydrated every time.
- Anti-microbial properties of Aloe Vera gel make it an effective treatment for acne and pimples.
- It is a great natural anti-oxidant.
- It maintains the tightness of the skin and prevents aging.
- The medicinal value of the plant cures cuts, wounds, sun burns, insect bites, eczema and relieves the burning sensations.
Below mentioned are some of the best aloe vera packs that can be prepared at home easily. But, do pack them in a tight container and keep them in refrigerator. This will keep them fresh and un-spoiled.
How to extract Aloe Vera gel at Home
- Take the leaves from the middle of the plant. The leaves in the middle are softer, wider and contain more gel here.
- Cut the leaves at an angle from the base of the plant.
- Now, stand the leaves upright for 15 minutes to allow the sap to drain out. The sap is a yellow colored fluid which will ooze out the moment you cut the leaf. Allow it to drain out completely.
- Wash the leaves to remove the remaining sap.
- Cut the edges of the leaves carefully as there are thorns on both the sides. Now, peel off the green layer and dice the transparent gel.
- Alternatively, you can also slice the leaves into two halves lengthwise from top of bottom and scrape off the juice with spoon.
How to make homemade aloe vera face pack:
1. Pack for Glowing skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Turmeric, Honey, Milk, Rose water.
- Take a pinch of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of Honey, milk and few drops of rose water. Mix them well to form a paste
- Add the aloe Vera gel to the paste and mix it well. If you have gel cubes, blend the mixture to the fine paste.
- Apply the paste on to the face and neck evenly for about 20 minutes.
- Then wash if off with Luke warm or cold water and pat dry with a clean towel to get glowing skin.
2. Mask for Tan removal:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice.
- Apply a paste of aloe Vera gel and lemon juice on the affected area. Leave it for 10 mins and wash it off.
- You can also apply the mixture of two with a cotton ball on the affected areas.
3. Pack to remove Pigmentation marks:
This pack fades away the pimple marks, age spots, pigmentation marks and scars.
Ingredients: Aloe Vera and Rose water.
- Apply the paste of aloe vera extract and rose water and leave it for about 20 mins.
- Massage the pack before rinsing so as to cleanse the pores.
4. Aloe Vera Detox – Pack:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Mango fruit, Lime juice.
- Blend the aloe vera gel and mango fruit pieces toghther to form a paste.
- Also add lime juice to the paste.
- Apply on the face for 20 mins and wash off thereafter.
This pack will detoxify your skin and freshen it.
6. Face Pack for Dry Skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Cottage cheese, Dates, Cucumber, Lemon juice.
- Blend two tablespoon each of cottage cheese and Aloe Vera gel. Add few seedless dates, cucumber slices and a bit of lemon juice and blend again.
- This paste can be made in bulk and stored in refrigerator for further use.
- Apply the paste on your face and neck and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse off with cold water followed by lukewarm water and lastly again with cold water.
7. Face Mask for oily skin and Acne Prone Skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera leaf, Honey.
- Boil aloe vera leaf in water and grind it to form a paste.
- Add honey to the paste and apply it on the face for 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
8. Face Mask for Sensitive Skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Cucumber juice, Yogurt, Rose oil.
- Make a smooth paste of aloe vera gel, cucumber juice and yogurt. Add few drops of rose or any other oil.
- Apply and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
This will clean your skin from the dirt and impurities.
8. Aloe Vera Face Scrub for Dead skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Oatmeal.
- Blend cucumber and aloe vera gel to form a paste. Add oatmeal to this paste and mix them well.
- Spread the paste gently on your face and massage in circular motion.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes or so before rinsing it off.
9. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Normal Skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Butter, Lemon Juice, Cucumber and Dates.
- Make a paste of aloe vera gel with seedless dates, 1 tbs butter, 1tbs lemon juice and cucumber juice. Mix them well together.
- Apply on face and neck and allow it to dry. Later wash it off with water.
10. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Dry and Combination skin:
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, olive oil, Shea butter.
- Mash aloe vera gel, olive oil and shea butter to form a paste and apply on face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. This will seal in the moisture into your skin and leave it fresh and clean.
Get a flawless and glowing skin with these easy homemade aloe vera packs.