12 Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
Belly fat is one thing which no female likes as every girl desires for a sexy and flat waist. Who doesn’t like a beautiful curvy waistline instead of a fat abdomen. It really takes away all the confidence and appeal of your personality.
Here are some solutions to get a flat belly.
Reasons for Belly Fat
There are a number of reasons for belly fat in teenage girls:
- Your genes may be responsible for your tummy pouch.
- Weak metabolism is yet another reason. If your metabolism is not good, you may have a bloated stomach.
- Saggy muscles lead to belly fat.
- Sitting with curved back accumulates the belly fat.
How to reduce tummy:
People think that dieting may help them to reduce the belly fat but at the same time they forget about exercising. Only dieting may not help you reduce fat and get flat tummy. Dieting and exercise go hand in hand. Here are few exercises to help you reduce tummy fat!
Crunches works magically in cutting down the belly fat. Following are the steps for crunching exercise:
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground.
- Alternatively you can also lift your legs off the floor at 90 degrees angle. Now lift your hands and place them behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale deeply and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Again inhale as you get back down and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner. Repeat another 2-3 sets.
- Note that as you lift your torso; do not just sit up straight. You should be at 30-40 degrees angle off the ground.
2. Twist crunches:
After you get regular with crunches move on to the next exercise:
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Now bend your knees as you would do in crunches keeping your feet on the floor.
- As in a crunch you would have lifted your upper torso; in side crunches you just have to lift your right shoulder towards left keeping your left torso on the ground.
- Again alternatively, lift your left shoulder towards right keeping your right torso on the ground.
- Repeat for another 10 times.
3. Side Crunch:
Side crunches for women are same as twist crunch, only that you have to tilt your legs to the same side simultaneously with your shoulders.
4. Reverse crunches:
- Lift your legs bent at knees and keep them suspended in the air at 90 degrees angle.
- Now lift your hips so as to bring your legs close to your chest.
- Lift your hips applying pressure on your abdomen.
- Loosen your legs and again bring to your chest.
5. Vertical leg crunch:
- Lie flat on the floor with your legs extended upwards and one knee crossed over the other.
- Now that you have positioned your body perfectly, do the same as you would have done crunches.
- Do 12-16 crunches up to 3 sets together.
6. Bicycle exercise:
- Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your side or behind your head as in crunches.
- Now lift both your legs off the ground bent at the knees.
- Bring your right knee close to your chest keeping your left leg out.
- Now take your right leg out and bring your left leg close to your chest.
- Alternate bend your knees as if you are paddling a bicycle.
7. Lunge Twist:
- Stand with your legs, hip width apart. Keep knees slightly bent.
- Lift both your hands in front of you keeping them straight with your shoulders.
- Lunge forward. Take a big step forward with your right leg and sit yourself down as if on a chair so that your knees are at 90 degrees angle from the floor. The left leg should be backwards supported by the toes.
- The spine should be kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward. That is a very wrong way of performing lunge.
- First twist your torso to the right and then to the left. Twist just the torso, not your legs.
- Continue repeating this for 16 times.
8. Rolling Plank:
- Position yourself on the floor with your knees and elbows.
- Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forward.
- Lift the knees upwards and support your legs on the toes.
- Contract knees and keep breathing normal. This is the plank pose. Stay in this posture for 30 seconds.
- Now start moving to and fro for the next 30 seconds. This is the rolling plank.
9. Side Plank:
- Lie down on the floor sideways.
- Support yourself on your right elbow and right leg. Your elbow should be perpendicular to the shoulder and the left leg should be above the right leg keeping them together.
- Keep your knees straight and your hips shouldn’t be touching the ground.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds. Once you get comfortable, you may hold this for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with your other side too.
While in this position you may also lift the leg placed on top and bring it back again. This makes the exercise more effective. Then it works not only for your abs but also thighs and hips.
10. The Vacuum:
- Sit on the ground on all fours, supporting yourself on hands and knees.
- Now inhale while deeply losing your abdomen.
- Tighten the abdomen muscle while exhaling.
- Hold the abdomen contraction for 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat again.
11. Captain’s chair:
- Sit on a chair with straight spine.
- Keep both hands beside you with palms by the side of your hips facing downwards.
- Inhale deeply.
- Now as you exhale bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for 5 seconds. Don’t bend forward and arch your back.
- Bring down your leg and repeat again.
12. Bending side to side:
This is the best workout to slim down your waist.
- Stand erect with your feet together. Raise your hands above your head in a namaste.
- Now keeping your legs grounded, bend your body to the right as much as possible till you feel a strain on your left waist. Stay for 15 seconds.
- Return back to the original position.
- Now bend left. Retain this position for another 15 seconds.
- Slowly you may increase the holding time to 30 seconds.
There are various kinds of yoga exercises which can be really helpful in getting rid of the fat on your waist. Surya Namaskar is very helpful in burning all the fat from your body. Padahastasana is another very effective asana in this regard,
So with these exercises you can get a flat and toned tummy.
Check out the top 10 Best Barbell Exercises for Women