7 Natural Home Remedies to Control Hair Fall
Hair fall is one of the most common problems that each one of us is facing. Earlier, hair loss was subjected to aging but now we no longer attribute it with age but with several other reasons. May be a 15 year old girl or a 30 year old adult, both the age groups have been found suffering from this problem.
We have shortlisted few hair fall solutions by which you can treat the problem naturally but if you are suffering from severe hair loss, do consult a dermatologist or else you might end up damaging your hair permanently. This article deals with the causes of hair fall and the home made remedies to prevent hair fall.
Hair Fall Causes
There are many causes of hair fall, but the most prominent are-
- Improper nutrition
- Hormonal changes
- Tension or Stress
- Split ends
- Genetics or Heredity
- Prolonged illness
- Medication like steroids or antibiotics
Tips to Avoid Hair Fall
To avoid hair loss problem, there are certain routine techniques apart from the home remedies or treatment which should be adopted by one and all. Following is the list of those activities-
- When wet, hair is most vulnerable to breakage so you must avoid combing when your hair are wet or else it would lead to hair fall.
- Regular scalp massages helps to increase the blood flow in the scalp, thus promoting hair growth. Moreover, scalp massages also make the hair stronger and shinier.
- Try not to tie your hair too tight as it may lead to breakage. Though this hairstyle might look sleek and trendy but in the long run it’ll affect your hair negatively as it puts pressure on hair strands which leads to breakage.
- People generally subject their hair to heat while doing several hair styling but this heat ultimately makes your hair dry and adds frizz to them which damages and weakens the hair over time. So try to avoid such heat treatments.
- If you want to prevent hair fall, restrict yourself from washing the hair with hot water or else the heat will make your hair dry and frizzy which will further lead to hair fall. Wash your hair with cold water or water at room temperature.
- Hair growth and health is directly related to intake of certain nutrients like proteins, Vitamin A, B complex, C, and E. While Vitamin B complex promotes hair growth and controls hair fall, Vitamin C avoids premature hair graying. Lack of iron also causes the problem. Hence if you want your hair to be healthy it is important for you to be healthy and consume all these desired nutrients.
- Work Outs also solves the problem as it regulates the blood flow throughout the body and scalp.
- People with dry hair should reduce caffeine consumption as it reduces the nutrient content of the body.
- Hair loss is also caused by dehydration and thus to avoid the problem, one must drink plenty of water and remain hydrated.
- Keep your scalp clean. Use shampoos which are mild or else the chemicals might lead to hair fall.
- Since split ends also results in hair fall, keep getting your hair trimmed from time to time to avoid the problem.
Home Remedies to Treat Hair Fall
Though there are medical treatments available to treat hair loss problems, home remedies are the most effective method to get rid of hair fall. Below are some of them-
Since Coconut milk is the richest sources of tissue-nourishing and cell-replenishing derivatives, massaging your scalp with coconut milk or juice will help to prevent hair fall. You just need to grind the coconut and squeeze it to take out its juice. Massaging your scalp using this juice will also help to solve the problem.
Aloe vera gel is also an effective hair loss remedy as it balances the pH level of scalp, thereby preventing dry scalp. Apply the gel directly to your scalp and after waiting for few hours, wash off your hair with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a week, for better results.
Regular oil massages helps to maintain the blood circulation in the scalp. You might massage your scalp with lukewarm jojoba oil as it replaces the sebum in the scalp and controls dandruff. Other oils which can be used for the same are coconut oil, almond oil, mustard oil and lavender oil.
Since Neem offers beauty, health and hair benefits, it is the widely used herb in the entire country. In order to use, you need to follow the below mentioned steps-
- Boil neem leaves in water till half of the water evaporates and let it cool down
- Wash your hair with the water.
Do this once a week to see positive results.
- You can boil dried amla in coconut oil till it attains black colour and then massage your scalp with it. Amla can also be used in other ways.
- Take shikkakai powder, easily available at ayurvedic stores and mix it with amla to make a paste. Apply the mixture to your scalp and rinse off after few minutes. However, if you have a dry scalp, don’t use shikakai.
- You can also drink amla and shikakai juice. Though it is very bad in taste but it yields positive results and reduces hair fall remarkably.
Hair fall protective packs
In case of intense hair fall, apply the following hair packs-
- Mix Aloe Vera with herbal Amla, shikakai and neem powder in order to have shining hair.
- Mix Henna, egg whites and curd in order to stop hair fall.
- Mix honey, olive oil, cinnamon
Avoid Junk Food
Hair loss is also caused by eating junk as junk food transfers toxins to the body. Avoiding junk food and drinking lots of water can also prevent hair fall.
While using the hair loss home remedies, it is essential to remember few tips which are as follows-
- Make sure that any of the ingredients stated in the preparatory products doesn’t cause any allergy to you.
- Make sure that you follow the instructions exactly. Since one herb can be used for various purposes, its use may change upon a change in the preparation.
- When you follow these tips of reducing hair fall, you need some products in addition, that you can use twice in a week, like shampoos.
Some best hair fall defense shampoos are listed below. You may select any one.
- Himalaya anti hair fall shampoo
- L’oreal paris new fall repair 3X Anti hair fall shampoo
- Tresemme hair fall defense shampoo.