Best Tips to Smooth Underarms and Hair Removal Techniques
With summer just round the corner, it is time you dig into your closet and take out your sleeveless dress and welcome the season. Let your under arms go bare in your hot fashion wear. Let’s work out on the preparation process. There are various skin products, tips and options available today to help you get smooth underarms with uniform skin tone. Since it is one of the most sensitive areas in the body, it needs special attention. Various hair removal techniques are used by both the sexes in India. Today, we are up to present some tips to make armpit skin smooth to give a brighter skin tone.
Armpit Hair Removal Techniques
There are many hair removal techniques available for you to choose from. A few of them are mentioned below:
Shaving is considered as the most convenient form of under arm hair removal as if done safely, causes no pain at all. It is most ideal with light or fine hair and can be applied on any body part. All you need is a perfect razor and see the difference all by yourself. However, the only disadvantage with shaving is, it cannot hold hair re growth for long. Thus is you are planning on a long holiday trip, better opt for the saloon.
What happens in waxing is warm wax is spread over the area of unwanted hair. A cloth or paper strip is used to rip hair out by the follicle. This is considered as one of the most ideal form of hair removal because hair re growth is competitively slow and you get a beautiful, soft, hair free skin. Plus it is relatively inexpensive is you consider attempting it at home. But the only drawback is it is quite painful.
Sugaring is another form of best hair removal method quite similar to waxing. It too involves applying of warm gel or paste on the skin. The paste is made of natural ingredients like sugar, honey and lemon which is removed with cotton or muslin strips. It stops hair re growth for almost two to eight weeks depending on the skin types. Just as waxing, sugaring all involves a lot of pain and is the only drawback.
There are many chemical-based creams available in the market with trusted brands for hair removal. What these popular shaving creams do is it breaks down the hair structure itself. The process is also simple. Apply and remove with warm washcloth after 5-10 minutes. It has the ability to hold hair re growth under your armpit for a bit longer than shaving but not as long as waxing or sugaring. The only disadvantage is its pungent smell.
Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal technique. It has high risk of burns and hence not preferred by all. What happens in this technique is that a fine needle is inserted into the under arm hair shaft with the intention of destroying the hair producing cells. The process is painful but less than waxing or sugaring. However, it is not recommended for people with darker skin tone.
Tips to Smooth under Arms
Below are a few best tips that will help you get the perfect smooth and brighter under arms you always wanted:
1. Moisturizing deodorants are good. They help you get rid of dry and irritated aftershave skin. The moisturizer content keeps skin smooth and soft. The dimethicone content on the other hand has the ability to replace lipids that hold skin cells together.
2. Exfoliate your underarms. Use microfibre or muslin cloth and scrub your armpits once or twice a week. And use moisturizer before going to bed. This way you will wake up with a soft smooth underarm every morning.
3. You do not have to shave every now and then. This is one of the best tips for smoother under arm. Skipping on winters or while staying indoors should an option you should opt for. Shave at night as the skin heals and rejuvenates quite well throughout the night.
4. Apply antiperspirant or deodorant. It is applied on the underarm to protect against excessive sweating and body odor. But never spray on cut and burnt skin as it induces skin bumps, redness and irritation.
5. Be careful while shaving as the underarms is one of the most sensitive areas in the body. Make sure you stay away from allergens and irritants post shaving and use moisturizers to retain moisture level of the skin.
We also have in store the list of the best hair removal cream for women in India. Do read it as well.