Top 10 Easy Home Remedies for Dry Hair
Dry hairs are a big problem. They can be a result of nutritional deficiencies, illness, excessive washing, use of chemicals, excessive use of hair styling products etc. Dry hair not only lack nourishment and luster but they also lead to various health problems like dandruff and hair fall. This article brings to you the list of 10 simple and easy home remedies for dry locks.
Easy Home Remedies for Dealing With Dry Hair
Yogurt is a wonderful home remedy treatment which is a rich source of shine and conditioning for dry and dull hair. It makes hair smooth and easy to manage. Sour yogurt works wonderfully well by cleaning the hair and scalp and enriching your hair with the much needed nourishment. It contains Lactic acid which is a wonderful protein for your locks.
- Mix some lemon juice with yogurt and apply to your hair and scalp. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with gentle shampoo.
- Beat an egg with yogurt and then apply the mixture to your hair. Leave it for some time and then wash it away with shampoo.
- Apply these masks once in a week to enjoy wonderful locks.
2. Oil Massage
Oil is bliss for dry hair. This home remedy not only reduces the dryness on the scalp but also smoothens and softens the hair. Massaging hair and scalp with hot oil before a head bath works wonderfully well. It deeply nourishes the roots thereby making them stronger along with promoting healthier hair growth.
Hair Oils for Massage:
- Olive oil
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Sesame Oil
All these oils are a great source of nourishment for dry hair. Before applying the oil, warm it a little for better absorption and conditioning. Leave it for an hour after massage and then wash it off with mild shampoo. Repeat this at least twice a week and enjoy healthy shiny locks.
We all know that eggs are a rich source of proteins. They work extremely well for dry and damaged hair. They strengthen and repair lifeless hair by making them stronger and smoother.
- Apply a mix of whipped egg and water to damp hair. Massage your hair and scalp for 15-20 minutes and then wash it using shampoo and cold water.
- Apply a pack of curd and egg for 15 minutes for smoother hair. Wash it away with cold water and shampoo.
- Apply combination of eggs with olive oil and honey on damp hair. Leave it for half an hour and then wash it away with shampoo.
Note: Always use cold water with egg. Hot water can lead to scrambled egg on your scalp.
Bananas are a wonderful rescue solution for dry hair. It comes with high content of potassium and moisture which repairs hair damages and ensures smooth and soft locks.
- Mash a banana in milk. Mix it well and apply the pack all over your hair, from roots to ends. Leave this pack for 20 minutes and then wash your hair with cold water.
- Mash a banana with 2 teaspoons of almond oil and 4 teaspoons of honey. Apply this solution on your hair and leave it for half an hour and rinse your locks with cold water and shampoo.
Apply these masks once in a week and enjoy easy managing, soft and shiny hair.
Beer is known to be an amazing conditioner for hair. The high content of protein in beer ensures smoother, shinier and well-nourished hair which is free from hair fall.
- Use beer as a conditioner after washing your hair. Spray some beer on your hair and let it dry on its own. You can also wash it away after leaving it for some time to avoid the smell of beer.
- You can also apply on the hair before styling and blow drying.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an impressive natural remedy for dry hair. It is a one-stop solution for rough, damaged and dry hair. It leaves you with smooth, shiny, soft and deeply nourished hair.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on hair after hair wash as a natural conditioner. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and then rinse your hair with water.
- Prepare a pack of aloe vera gel with hibiscus flower paste. It works as a natural conditioner for dry and dull hair. Apply it on your hair for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Mix aloe vera gel with castor oil and fenugreek seeds. Apply the mix on the locks and leave it for overnight. Wash it off with shampoo and water and enjoy beautiful hair.
7. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek Seeds are a wonderful herbal treatment for dry locks. It is a rich source of nicotinic acid, protein, niacin, Vitamin C, amino acids etc. which are very healthy for hair. It is an amazing home remedy for damaged hair. It keeps your hair smooth and free from dandruff and damages.
- Prepare a homemade pack using paste of water soaked fenugreek seeds and yogurt. Apply it on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash your locks with shampoo and cold water. Repeat it twice in a month to enjoy wonderful feeling hair.
Vinegar works impressively well in removing built-up residues that are left by shampoos and other products. It helps restore the natural pH levels of the scalp and keeps your hair nourished and nice.
- Prepare a mix of vinegar with water. Use the solution to wash your hair after shampoo. Allow it to stay for 10 minutes and then rinse it with water. This home remedy must be used once in a week.
Note: Along with vinegar, you can also use apple cider vinegar for treating dry hair.
Avocado contains all beneficial nutrients like Vitamins A, D, E, and K along with proteins and minerals. It not only makes your hair stronger but also imparts shine and life to them. It is a wonderful home remedy treatment.
- Prepare a mix of avocado with egg white, oil and yogurt. Apply this nourishing mask on the hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it with water. Make sure you use cold water. Use this mask once in a week and enjoy soft and shiny hair.
Gelatin is a rich source of proteins which work wonderfully well on dry hair. It deeply moisturizes your hair and leaves them with a smooth feel.
- Prepare a mix of gelatin in water and add to it few drops of vinegar, rosemary or lemon. Apply this healthy pack on your hair and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off your hair with lukewarm water.
These are some of the beneficial healthy home remedies for dry hair which brings shine and softness to your locks.