5 Delicious Indian egg recipes at dinner for all egg lovers
Egg is one of the nutritional foods every person in the world craves. With its high protein and
calcium value, the egg acts a good food to be had either in breakfast, lunch or dinner. The egg can be
cooked in a various number of ways with assorted ingredients and vegetables. It can be had either as
an omelette, poached or in its boiled form.
Indian people love to eat eggs with rice or rotis during dinner as it serves as a lightweight meal. As
such, we bring to all egg lovers six tasty egg recipes which one can cook and garnish away for family
This is perhaps the most loved egg recipe eaten by all Indians. The egg here is whisked
and friend cooked with spices and vegetables. One of the easiest forms of egg recipes, it can be
eaten both with rice and rotis.
Ingredients of Egg bhurji:
4-5 eggs, 2 chopped onions, 2 chopped tomatoes, 2 green chillies, 1 capsicum, finely chopped ginger,
½ cup coriander, vegetable oil, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to
Cooking method: The preparation takes about 20 minutes for four servings to be ready and the
method is as follows:
- First whisk the eggs into a bowl and leave them aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add onions on it (add a pinch of salt to avoid burning them).
- Add the turmeric powder, jeera, green chillies, ginger and the capsicum and sauté.
- When thoroughly mixed, add the tomatoes and coriander leaves and further sauté for few minutes until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the red chilli powder and salt according to the taste.
- Add the whisked eggs and mix them thoroughly.
- After properly cooked, garnish them with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Stuffed Egg Spinach Curry
Eggs are tastier when they are stuffed with spinach and other vegetables.
It gives a different flavour and look to the regular eggs and your guests would definitely find them
delicious to eat. Following is an appetizing Indian to relish on the dinner table.
Ingredients of Stuffed Egg Spinach Curry: 4 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup chopped spinach, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp
finely chopped ginger, 2 chopped chillies, salt to taste, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, ¼ cup oats, 130
grams bhuna masala, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ cup
tomato puree, ½ tsp garam masala powder, 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves and juice of one lemon.
Method of cooking Stuffed Egg Spinach Curry: The recipe for four servings takes about half an hour
to be ready to eat. The method of cooking is as follows:
- In a pan, heat oil and add ginger with green chillies and sauté for one minute.
- After that, add spinach coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. After it is cooked, leave the mixture in a bowl aside.
- Cut the boiled eggs scooping out the yolks from them.
- Make small balls of the spinach mixture and stuff the egg white pockets with it. Join the both halves of the egg.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and water to produce a thick batter. Dip the stuffed eggs into the batter.
- Heat oil again in a pan and deep fry the stuffed eggs till they turn golden and crisp. Leave them aside on absorbent paper to drain the oil.
- Add the remaining batter and bhuna masala on the heated oil along with tomato puree, remaining coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add ¼ a cup of water into the mixture and let it come to a boil. When heated, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer all into a serving bowl, add friend eggs and serve hot.
Onions and egg are inseparable as most of the Indian egg recipes have onions which
give it a rich flavour. Following is the popular Egg-do-Pyaza recipe which is so loved by all. This dish is
mostly preferred along with rotis or chapattis.
Ingredients of Egg-do-Pyaza: 2 eggs, 3 onions, 2 bay leaves, 2 green cardamom, 2 cloves, I tsp cumin
seeds, 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, ½ tsp black pepper, 1 tsp rd chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1
tsp coriander powder, salt as per taste, coriander leaves for garnishing.
Method of cooking Egg-do-Pyaza: The cooking of serving for four people takes about 25 minutes and
the method is as follows:
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat oil and add onions and bay leaf. (Add a pinch of salt to avoid burning the onions). Fry the onions till they turn golden in colour.
- Grind the cumin seeds, green cardamom, black pepper, ginger and garlic wit half an onion to form a paste.
- Add this paste on the friend onions with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt as per taste. Mix them well and cook on medium heat until the oil starts showing separately.
- Add half a cup of water along with the eggs and cook on low heat until the egg turns thick. Mix once and garnish the dish with coriander leaves in a serving bowl and serve hot.
Shahi Egg Curry
Egg curry can be cooked in different ways with different ingredients according to
the likes of the foodie. Here we bring the royal Shahi Egg Curry recipe which will definitely give you a
taste of this delicious dish.
Ingredients of Shahi Egg Curry: 8 eggs, 5 minced garlic, 1 chopped onion, 2 green chillies, minced
ginger, 1 tsp kasuri meethi, 1 tsp fresh cream, 2 tsp curd, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp garam masala, 1
tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp oil, 1 cup water, salt to taste, coriander leaves for garnishing.
Method of cooking Shahi Egg Curry: The recipe for four servings takes about 30 minutes of cooking
time. The method of cooking the royal dish is as follows:
- Boil the eggs and leave aside.
- Grind onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic into a paste.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté the paste.
- Ina bowl, whisk the cream and curd and add it to the sauté paste. Cook all for few minutes.
- Add kasuri meethi, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add water and boil all for about 10 minutes.
- Take the boiled eggs, make a cut on the sides and add on the boiling mixture. Cook for a while and when done transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chaat masala and serve piping hot.
Omelette is a loveable egg dish which can be eaten with breads, rotis and even rice.
One of the easiest and fastest cooking food, the omelette can be fried either with vegetables as
toppings on it or can be simply fried with onions. Following is a beautiful Omelette Curry for all
Indian omelette lovers to have their favourite food in a different way.
Ingredients of Omelette Curry: 2 eggs, 2 chopped onions, 1 tsp oil, 1 sp ginger-garlic paste, 2
chopped chillies, salt to taste, 2 tsp chopped green capsicum, 1 tsp cashew nut paste, 2 tsp tomato
puree, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp cream,
coriander leaves for garnishing.
Omelette Curry Cooking Method: The Omelette curry recipe for four servings takes about 25 cooking
minutes. The method of cooking this dish is as follows:
- Heat oil in pan and add ginger-garlic paste and half the onions. Sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add the remaining onions, tomatoes, half the green chillies, capsicum and salt and mix well.
- Add red chillies, cashew nut paste and the rest of green chillies to the onions on the pan.
- Add tomato puree, rest of green chillies, salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cook well on low heat.
- Add half a cup of water, mix well and heat for five minutes.
- In another pan, heat oil and pour the egg mixture. Spread the mixture evenly and cook till the omelette is ready.
- Cut the omelette into small pieces and add to the gravy mixture with cream. Cook for two minutes and serve hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.