12 Ways To Get Rid of Gas and Bloating Naturally
Gas and bloating are the common conditions but are very painful. It not only disturbs you physically but also deregulates your daily life.
But, what is the reason behind this situation? It is mainly due to the kind of diet pattern that one follows. Again, bloating and distension of the stomach are related conditions that are again brought about by certain physiological and dietary conditions. Before getting on to remedies, first understand the causes and symptoms.
Reasons for Gas And Bloating
Bloating is a common problem these days. Sometimes when the gas doesn’t pass then it can cause a state of discomfort in stomach and intestine known as bloating. Some of the reasons of bloating are as follows:
- Stress or anxiety
- Eating fatty food and junk items
- Drinking carbonated drinks
- Eating or drinking too quick
- Gastrointestinal infection
Accumulation of gas in stomach is due to following reasons:
- Due to excess gas swallowed during eating or other body actions.
- Reaction of gas producing bacteria with certain food group may result in excessive gas.
- Sugary and starchy food and certain vegetables like cabbage also produce gas and bloating.
Symptoms of Gas and Bloating
Following are the symptoms of gas and bloating:
- Excessive passing of gas or flatulence
- Tight stomach
- Discomfort in the chest area
- Burping or belching
Natural Home Remedies for Gas and Bloating
Gas and bloating are mainly caused due to improper diet and lifestyle patterns. Take a look at the home remedies that can help you out in gas and bloating.
1. Reduction in intake of sugary food
Sugary foods are tough to digest. Because of their malabsorption, they result into gases.
The lactose present in the milk might be poorly digested
Sorbitol – sweetener found in many low calorie food items can lead to gas.
Candies and drinks contain the sweetener Fructose, which also lead to gas.
2. Avoid Starchy Food
Starchy foods should be avoided as they are gas accumulators. Some of the starchy foods are:
3. Avoid whole wheat flour
Keep a check on the symptoms after consuming whole wheat flour products:
- Whole grain products consist of complex carbs that take effort to digest and may produce considerable gas.
- Refined flour products can be substituted in such case if the above items are leading to a feeling of bloatedness.
4. Consume Vegetables And Fruits Moderately
- Wise intake of whole fruits and vegetables is necessary.
- Do not consume vegetables in their raw form.
Vegetables and fruits contain fibers which take time to digest and thus might produce gas.
5. Lying Position
There are many positions that one can take up in order to find relief:
- Lie back on the bed.
- Put up the legs a ninety degree angle.
6. Say No to Cabbage
Cabbage is another starchy food which takes time to digest. As it reaches colon, bacteria reacts to it and gas is produced.
- Use turmeric in organic form
Used in cooking food will also provide relief.
Ginger improves digestion and related problems
- It can help to digest and soothe the stomach acids.
- Reduce the gas formation in the stomach and provide relief.
9. Herbal Tea with different ingredients.
- Peppermint relieves from the gas and bloating situation.
- Few drops of lemon juice bury the gas away.
10. Try Clove Tea
Clove is known to provide relief if one adds it to the tea:
- Add clove to boiling water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- The tea prepared with such water will act as an anti flatulent.
11. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are known to work wonders for gas or bloatedness:
- Chew few fennel seeds. The juice works effectively on gas.
- Seeds can be crushed by pouring hot water on them.
It can be minced on top of food or can also be added while cooking.
Hope these remedies get you relief from the unpleasant pain of gas and bloating.